Thursday, June 9, 2011

Nanjing, Day 31

Hey everybody,

Today was one of your last days in Nanjing and I can say that we are all sad to leave this gorgeous city so soon. I personally have never been here, and I ended up falling in love with it right away. It's nothing like Shanghai, Beijing, Hangzhou, or any cities I've ever been to in Asia. It's just something of its own consisting of the charm of the Chinese cultural in a semi-developed city. I am taking advantage of every minute left here, but first I have to get ready for our upcoming final exam. Yes, today was our last day of a very demanding 4 week Chinese program at Nanjing University and tomorrow we are getting tested on everything we've learned this far. Hao Yun to you all. I am sure we will all do great.

Today was a very interesting day as we got to go to the famous Deloitte accounting company. It was the first time a group of Northeastern students got the chance to visit their office in Nanjing on a dialogue and we were all very impressed by the way we were received. We were given a brief talk from managers about the history of their company, what they stand for, and how they manage to stay at the top of rankings by investing much effort and money into human resources. Intensive and varied training of staff really makes up for a huge part of their success. We also had a chance to practice our Chinese by introducing ourselves and describing what the Chinese language dialogue was all about. I am really glad we got to go there today and I believe this is truly a great opportunity for all our finance and accounting concentration fellow students.

The rest of the day went by very quickly. We unfortunate had to say goodbye to our language partners. They've really been an amazing help for us to practice speaking Chinese on a regular basis. I could not let my Chinese partner go this way, so I decided to invite her for dinner right after our last talking session. She took me to her favorite Sichuan restaurant and I ate some spectacularly spicy food. I could not make it last as long as I wanted since I had to go back as early as I could to get as much study done as possible. Tomorrow is going to be our last full day in Nanjing and we are going to participate in a treasure hunt after taking our final exam. Let the fun begin!

This is my last post for the dialogue and I hope you enjoyed it.

Your Admiral,
Cedric A.

No comments:

Post a Comment