Thursday, June 2, 2011

Nanjing, Day 24

大家好!

Today was our third day doing our afternoon internships in Nanjing. I am doing my internship at the European Chamber of Commerce and so far it is been a really great experience. Today I got to interview the Marketing and Business manager who recently got hired, Jane Lu. It was my first time interviewing someone and writing an article about her. I had never thought it would be that challenging to conduct an interview, but I feel that I got the hang of it after a while. I am still working on the article, which they will publish tomorrow in their weekly newsletter. I also got to work directly on their website, editing their content, uploading articles, and redesigning their newsletter layout. Mike, a fellow 同学, and I also started to work on a project that consists of putting together a fashion album picturing Nanjing street life. It was a really great day at work, and even though I have only been working for 3 days I am already feeling like I am getting more responsibilities. I am really glad we all have the opportunity to have these internships. While they are very short, we are still getting a small bit of experience and also getting to make some connections, which are very valuable to us as students. This internship is simply one of many great experiences we are packing into such a small period of time.

The rest of the day went by pretty quick. We had our usual language partner meeting from 6:30 to 7:30 and a run down of what the rest of this week will consist of. Saturday we will be going to the Dragon Boat Festival at a nearby park and also getting a chance to see the Nanjing Massacre Museum. We will have a little more free time this weekend, and I am very excited for some much needed relaxation.

Your admiral,

Cedric A.

No comments:

Post a Comment