Friday, June 3, 2011

Nanjing, Day 25

Ni men hao!

Today was another great day at the xin ye bank. We've met almost everyone, and the pictures have finally subsided. Since this is the first time I've worked on China, I was intrigued to find out how business works from the inside.

My experience here was almost exactly the opposite of what I thought it'd be. I imagined a silent, strict and dull bank with stern faced managers. However, the people are really energetic and always laughing about something. Today was awesome because we got to meet the big boss of the entire bank. As you can see in the picture, he rocked a BMW collared shirt, the LV belt, and a gold and diamond Rolex, hao xiang yi ge da laoban. He was so excited to meet Americans and as a gift he gave us books on finance and green energy, full of 100% Chinese characters, definitely going to be an interesting read. It was hilarious because atleast 50 pictures of us, forcing the camera guy to take pictures from all angles, together, alone, and retaking each one vertically and horizontally. The excitement and kindness towards wai guo ren amazes me everytime.

The employees said that their boss was unlike most bosses in China. He would sit down and listen to their problems and complaints, taking each one with a smile and helping them out. They stressed that he forgave them for their mistakes, which is very rare here. I will definitely take these philosophies into work back on America. I'm really excited to be so imbedded in the business culture and can't wait to expand our guan xi!

-汤明阳

No comments:

Post a Comment